Andy Murray withdraws from Cincinnati Masters

Murray withdraws from Cincinnati Masters
© SilverHub
Andy Murray announces his withdrawal from next week's Cincinnati Masters due to an ongoing hip injury.

World number one Andy Murray has confirmed his withdrawal from next week's Cincinnati Masters due to injury.

Last week the 30-year-old was forced to pull out of the Rogers Cup due to the ongoing hip problem, which also affected his run to the quarter-finals at Wimbledon.

In a statement, Murray said that he is now 'working hard' to recover in time to feature at the US Open in late August.

"Unfortunately I won't be playing in Cincinnati as I continue my recovery - I always enjoy playing there and I look forward to returning next year," he said.

"I'm continuing to work hard on the court with the aim of being in New York."

Murray's withdrawal leaves Rafael Nadal, who is now likely to become the new world number one, and Roger Federer as the top two seeds in Cincinnati.

Andy Murray of Great Britain reacts after scoring a point on Gilles Muller of Luxembourg during day four of the Rogers Cup at Uniprix Stadium on August 13, 2015
Read Next:
Andy Murray withdraws from Rogers Cup
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Login, I already have my ad-free pass
Log in with Facebook to customise Sports Mole
Buy ad-free access (show me the options)
Buy monthly ad-free access for £1.20/month
Buy yearly ad-free access for £12 (2 months free)
Settings - Logout - Manage your account
Settings - Logout - Manage your account